HOW TO APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT
Application letter from applicant
Marriage Certificate if applicable
Letter of support from spouse if applicable
Company Registration/Objects of Company that intends to employ applicant.
If working for a Government Establishment, a letter of support from the appropriate Establishment.
B. PROFESSIONALS :
Professionals require a letter of support from the respective Professional bodies e.g. Doctors: Clearance or Registration from Dental and Medical Council.
Nurses: Clearance/Registration from Midwives Council.
C. ADDRESS TO USE: THE HON MINISTER, MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR, P. O. BOX M-42 ACCRA
D. HOW TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT
Application letter stating reason for residence permit
Letter from Ghanaian sponsor
E. QUOTA APPLICATION HOW TO APPLY NEW APPLICATION:
Presentation of application letter
Purchase of AG 1 form
Completion of AG 1 Form by applicant/Organisation
Presentation of AG 1 together with its attachments (v) ATTACHMENTS: Tax Clearance, Bank Statement, Registration of Company, Certificates etc.
F. FILLING IN QUOTA FORMS
Purchase of vetting Forms
Presentation of the duly completed forms to the Quota Secretariat together with appropriate attachments.
(iii) ATTACHMENTS :
Appointment and Contract letters
Fifteen photocopies of the Vetting Form
Clearance from professional body
Signed Renunciations form sent through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the Mission .
NB. All questions on Vetting Form should be duly provided. ADDRESS: THE MEMBER SECRETARY, IMMIGRANT QUOTA SECRETARIAT, MINISTRY OF THE
G. RESIGTRATION OF GHANAIAN CITIZEN
1. Persons can avail themselves of this facility. Persons from Commonwealth countries can also avail themselves of this facility.
2. Apply to purchase forms at the Ministry of the Interior.
3. Submission of forms for processing at the Ministry of the Interior.
RENUNCIATION OF GHANAIAN CITIZENSHIP
1. Purchase of Renunciation Form 13 either from the nearest Mission or the Ministry of the Interior at the cost of Five hundred Thousand Cedis (¢500,000).
2. Completion of forms and submission (Form 13) through our Mission abroad to the Hon. Minister for the Interior, Accra for processing.
2. Evidence of not being indebted to Ghana Government if applicant went on further studies abroad under Ghana Government Scholarship.
3. Assurance Letter from the country that the applicant intends to take up a Nationality.
4. Four (4) passport sized recent photographs
5. Photocopy of receipt of payment
6. Two (2) Photocopies of form 13 duly completed
7. Photocopy of Ghanaian passport
8. Photocopy of receipt of payment
NB The Certificate would be signed by the Hon. Minister for the Interior and sent through our respective Missions so that the Ghanaian passports can be retrieved.
Please ensure that forms are duly paid for.
BRIEF ON PROCEDURES FOR DUAL NATIONALITY
Dual Nationality is guided by Section 16 of the Citizenship Act 2000 (Act 591) and the Citizenship Regulations 2001 Section 10 and Section 11.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DUAL NATIONALITY
1. Apply to the Hon. Minister for the Interior for the grant of Dual Citizenship or our diplomatic mission abroad.
2. Purchase of Form 10 at the cost of Five Hundred thousand (¢500,000.000) cedis at the Ministry of the Interior or from a representative of the
Ministry of the Interior in our Diplomatic Missions abroad. ATTACHMENTS TO FORM 10
Evidence of Ghanaian Nationality, Birth, Certificate or Passport.
For Persons who have renounced their Ghanaian Citizenship. Evidence of Renunciation of Ghanaian Citizenship.
Evidence of Parents' Nationality- Passport, Voters ID Card, Birth Certificate.
Four (4) passport sized photographs.
3. Issue of Certificate signed by the Hon. Minister for the Interior (Form 11) at the cost of one hundred thousand (100,000.00) cedis.
Both passports should be shown at the point of entry for Processing by the Immigration officer.
For more details Click Here to visit the Ghana Immigration Website.