1. Travel Documents
All persons entering Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or Travel Documents establishing the identity of the holder.
Travel Documents include Laisser-Passer and other travel documents issued by International Agencies recognised by the Government of Ghana.
2. United Nations and its specialized agencies
3. The World Bank
4. African Development Bank, etc.
Where there is doubt, it should be cleared with the Ghana Immigration Service headquarters or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Accra.
2. Entry Visas
1. All foreigners entering Ghana, unless covered by para 3(1) require Entry Visas. Entry Visas must be obtained prior to arrival in Ghana and may be obtained from a Ghana Embassy, High Commission or Consulate abroad.
Where Ghana has no Consular or Diplomatic representation, an application for Entry Visa may be made to the nearest Diplomatic Mission or Consulate authorised by the Government of Ghana to act on its behalf .
2. ii. Ghana Entry Visa may be issued on arrival if the Director of Immigration has prior notification from travellers or their sponsors.
Applications must be made to:
Director Of Immigration
Ghana Immigration Service
Private Mail Bag
Ministries Post Office-Accra
Tel: 00233-21-221667 / 225321 / 224445
GHANA IMMIGRATION SERVICE ONLINE
The following categories are exempted from obtaining entry visas to Ghana
a. Citizens Of Ecowas Countries
b. Nationals of Kenya, Malaysia And Singapore
Holders Of German And Cuban Diplomatic/Service Passports
c. Persons in direct airside transit.
4. Referals (for British Diplomatic Missions and Consulates)
I. Entry Visas may be issued in accordance with the Visa Regime to the following categories of persons without reference to Accra.
1. Members of Diplomatic and Foreign Consular officers "de carriere" travelling to or through Ghana on official business
2. Persons in transit in Ghana who wish to break their journey in Ghana for period not exceeding 48 hours provided they are in possession of visas and onward tickets to their destination beyond Ghana and are not stateless persons
ii. Where Visas are issued without reference, details and two photographs of the persons to whom they have been issued must be forwarded to the Director of Immigration,
iii. All applications for Visas except in category 4 (I) above must be cleared with the Director of Immigration.
Referred applications should be accompanied by two recent photographs of applicant and should be forwarded by mail with statement of action taken.
Reply to referred cases will be sent by fax where applicable.
Whenever application for visas are referred, a report of local security clearance and any other relevant information must be accompanied.
iv. Visas may be obtained at the point of entry in Ghana by investors or tour operators. Prior approval for visa on arrival may be obtained from the Director of Immigration through fax or e-mail.