zion

Search
Government secures 60 million dollar facility for UHAS
Hits: 990

Government has secured a 60 million dollar Chinese facility for the second phase of the construction of the University of Health and Allied Sciences at Ho in the Volta Region.

This is in fulfilment of the promise made by the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to the chiefs and people of the Volta Region when he toured the region last year.

This was disclosed by Mr Kojo Oppong-Nkrumah, the Minister of Information, at a media briefing at Koforidua on Sunday.

He said the facility would be used to build the central administration block, the nursing and midwifery college and for the acquisition of teaching and learning equipment for the medical students of the university.

Mr Oppong-Nkrumah said the National Builders Corps (NABCO) Secretariat has resolved the challenges concerning the payment of the allowances of 9,235 graduates engaged under the NABCO programme and they would be paid this week.

He said the personnel were not paid because of challenges encountered with the data they provided.

Mr Oppong-Nkrumah said some of the personnel engaged under the programme have been found to be engaged in other employment programmes and others have secured permanent employment with some state institutions.

Mr Oppong-Nkrumah said some of the personnel under the programme have also informed the NABCO Secretariat that they are opting out of the programme.

He said as some of the personnel are going out, it creates opportunity for those on the waiting list to be posted.

He urged the NABCO personnel who have been notified with challenges on the data provided to promptly correct the anomaly to enable them receive their allowances.

Source: GNA